Sunday, November 1, 2009

Xareni Penichet






What is your senior thesis?

My senior thesis is based on the subconscious. But these images where based on patterns in nature.

What motivated you to start this project? What inspires your creative process?


I found my motivation in the mathematical aspects that are found in nature.

Do you work in film or digital? Please describe any technique or process relevant to your project.


I work on film and in the darkroom.

Is this a new project or a continuation of previous work?


This is my project form last semester.

How has your work developed or changed over time?


My work has developed into experimental work where I try to mix other elements besides photography, such as sculpture.

What artists or works of art have inspired or influenced you?

I am very interested in films, especially from the avant-garde period.

What kind of response do you hope to get from your viewers? Is there a certain experience you want people to take away from your photographs?

I would like my viewers to feel a little agitated, but still be able to enjoy the natural landscape.

What is the ideal setting to view your work? Do you picture your photographs in a book? In a gallery?

This work can work in both, but ideally, I would picture it in a gallery.

Do you have any ideas or plans for future work?


I would like to continue with the subconscious work and see where that takes me.

What do you see yourself doing after graduation?


I’m not sure, maybe grad school.

1 comment: